Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A day in the yard

Yesterday, Andrew and I spent the day outside working and playing in the yard. It was beautiful and the temps were perfect! I was working in our garden and it seemed everytime I went to pick up a gardening tool, it was gone and Andrew was half way across the yard with it! We made a trip to Menards to buy some plants for my new flower bed we built last Fall, and then we spent the rest of the day swinging, sliding, and trying to keep Andrew from picking my tulips!
ps- If you haven't converted to the clear spray sunblock, you really need to! I love not having to get all greasy from putting sunblock on.

pps- Part of the reason we spent most of our day outside was because Andrew is getting molars and he doesn't feel the greatest right now. He loves to be outside and it's a sure way to have a happy/happier boy!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Liz - he is so cute and seeing these pictures reminds me of those great feelings of surviving another long cold winter and any bit of sun and warmth is very exciting. You feel so happy out working in the garden and playing on the swings. I love it. Andrew is looking very grown up these days. I guess it's a good thing considering he'll be the big man of the house soon!

Anonymous said...

Are his shoes the brown ones from Target?? I just got those this week for Clayton--I love them!!

Elizabeth said...

Cam, I LOVE these shoes for Andrew! I'm considering buying them again in the next size up! They're so cute and easy to get on and off.
ps- Andrew is wearing a 5 or 6. That seems big to me, is it?

Whitney said...

Looks like lots of fun in the yard. I spent my morning there today pruning my rose bushes.
As for the shoes, Tisse is in a 5/6 right now too so it seems logical that Andrew is right around the same size. I don't know if that helps!

Katie and Eric said...

Andrew is such a cutie! Cameron is always so much happier when we are outside too. Also I love seeing Andrew in his ball cap because Cameron loves to wear his and I think it is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Dallin loves to be outside stealing the yard tools, too. He's only in a size 3 or 4 shoe. Hmm. Maybe his little toes are getting squished. (Dallin usually leaves the flowers alone, but Audrey picks nearly every one she sees!)

Anne Marie said...

You have such a cute boy! I loved reading what you ate the other day. Sounds like you're doing an awesome job feeding those twins. And, yes, it does get old to have to eat so much. I'd love to talk or exchange e-mails sometime.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Sounds like you are having fun! Andrew looks so cute in this picture.

Anne Marie said...

Oh, by the way, if you're looking for a real-life, down to earth book about the first year with twins, I highly recommend "Ready or Not..Here We Come" by Elizabeth Lyons". Best wishes.

Liz said...

he looks like such a little man, lizzie! so cute.

Anonymous said...

What a darling little gardner! Love, Grandma C