I know many of you have called and we haven't called back, please don't take it personally. Hopefully, we'll get around to returning calls one by one in the somewhat near future.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Coming Home
Monday evening we finally packed up and headed home. The hospital gives you yard signs to announce that you've had your baby/babies. Mike went out to put them in the yard and Andrew was very excited to help hammer them in. It's as if he was personally welcoming his brothers home!
Our babies aren't quite strong enough to get everything they need from nursing, so we are supplementing by finger feeding them. It can make for a very long process.
Andrew really wants to be a part of things. Here he is feeding his baby we got him to prepare him for his new brothers.
Here are our boys before their first bath at home. They really needed it!
Lastly, Andrew has been so cute with the boys. He wants to love on them as much as possible. When he wakes up from his nap, the first thing he wants to do is go in the nursery. Often, he'll go hang on the door knob just trying to get in!
Often, while I nurse Tanner and Reid, Andrew will pull up his step stool and rub their little heads and talk to them. Sometimes he gets a little crazy and climbs up on my massive twin feeding pillow, and that's when we're especially grateful grandma is here!
So far things are going well. We're all sleep deprived, but our babies are growing and Reid was able to get off the Wallaby lamp yesterday. We might have to do a repeat of the phototherapy for his jaundice, but for now he's doing well. Yesterday, they both weighed in at 5 lbs. 8 oz. We were so excited to hear that, as they both got too close to the 5 lbs. range while in the hospital.
I know many of you have called and we haven't called back, please don't take it personally. Hopefully, we'll get around to returning calls one by one in the somewhat near future.
I know many of you have called and we haven't called back, please don't take it personally. Hopefully, we'll get around to returning calls one by one in the somewhat near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
It is so cute and fun to read about what is going on at your house these days! I love it! It's amazing how your "baby" suddenly seems very grown up when yu have a real baby at home. Andrew is so cute and looks perfect as a big brother. You look great, too. It can't be an easy recovery...hang in there!
Liz--I love that your hospital was called Saint Elizabeth. I think I might start calling you that after everything you have been through! Thanks for more cute pictures! I request lots more snuggly baby pictures--I need to get to know these boys! It's cute how Andrew wants to help with everything--it must be all so curious to him!
CUTE!!! Everyday I check your blog because I really want to see more pictures of these twins!!! It's fun to see you guys at home, introducing these two boys to your family. Andrew looks great with them!!!
When I first saw the signs, I thought maybe Mike had put "Saint Elizabeth" on the signs, just for you....then I realized it was actually the name of the hospital.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for putting on more pictures. Your boys are so sweet. Rebekah was sure that it was a doll that you and Andrew were leaning over. They really are perfect little babies. I love seeing all the great pictures.
Rebekah is still prayer for you as we are, but her prayers have changed to blessing that the babies will stay out of your tummy. I hope so too! :)
Keep up the good work and I hope you get sleep, sometime!
Congratulations Saint Liz! Your two little guys are so tiny, perfect, and adorable. I'm SO glad you have a little help. You're in our prayers. As Elaine would sing, "Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well." Wish I had a piece of cake to give you.
Those babies are so cute!!!! It is so adorable how Andrew's been so excited about his new brothers. Keep up the great work!
You are looking great. I am glad to hear that your babies are healthy and that things are getting better. Andrew is so cute to want to be so involved. You never quite know how they will react to new siblings. (from what I hear)
ah! i still can't believe you have twins! they are so cute!i also am requesting more cute snuggly baby pictures but with their names with the baby. who knows who is who! i love your little twinners
It is so fun to see pictures of you guys and your cute new twins.
I think it is so cute that Andrew wants to help with everything. The picture of him up on a step stool is so cute. I love that you said he likes to talk to them and rub their heads.
cute babies! Mom told me about the feeding process....crazy! I guess it can only get easier! Glad they are putting on weight...that will help! Hope everyone is getting some sleep! We love you!
This is Kristy (MacLennan) Williams -- flashback to Courtside! Heard through the grapevine about your adorable babies...I am so happy for you and Mike. You have such a beautiful family.
Liz you are amazing! I don't know how you are doing it and still blogging! I had to finger feed both of my boys for several months and it is SO time consuming. I ended up getting a 30 cc syringe to feed them when they were several weeks old. Heating up so many of the 10 cc syringes was getting old--fast. But, like all things, this too shall pass. Keep up the incredible work. All our love to your family!
Your blog is going to be so fun to check up on, to see these two little new boys. SO CUTE. I hope you are all doing well. I haven't called, but mostly because I know you are probably busy and TIRED. But I would love to talk to you sometime, so... if you get around to it, call me. Otherwise I'll wait a little while to bug you. Enjoy.
Hello Elizabeth and Mike, bet you didn't know we read your blogg that what you get when you post it to the internet. We have been following you pregancy buy haven't written in yet in case you band us. We are so happy for you guys, good work Elizabeth sound like it's been tuff at best. If you every come thru Cedar City we would love to see ya. Rebecca and Rand
So glad to get an update. I have wanted to call to see how you guys are doing but know you must be in survival mode right now. I'll wait for things to settle a bit. Hope you are all doing well. What cute pictures!
We are so excited for you! Good luck with everything...we admire those that can do 2 at a time - plus a little one "wow" Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment