Sunday, September 09, 2007

Still Pregnant

Two weeks ago tonight, I went into labor and ended up in the hospital. Although it's been a rough couple of weeks (I feel like I have been in labor the whole time!), I feel so grateful to still be pregnant! Every day these babies can continue to grow is a victory. My doctor, Mike, Mom C. and I are all amazed that we've been able to hold these babies off. I couldn't have done it without the help of a wonderful little drug that I have a love/hate relationship with (it makes me feel miserable), and Mom C. who is literally running our home! She is doing laundry, grocery shoping, baby shopping, cleaning, taking care of Andrew, cooking, and much more. She has been sweetly aware of our needs and wants during this time. My mom would have been here doing the same things if she could, but she is playing the same role with my grandparents in California and will come in October. We feel great gratitude for Mom C. and her willingness to help our growing family. I have realized now, more than ever, that being a mother is an eternal and sacred role that continues even after our children are raised and have left home.
This coming Friday I will be 36 weeks, and it has been my goal to make it that long. I realize I'm not in complete control of this process, but I'm trying my best to make it until then. If I'm going to make it, I'd better get off the computer and lay back down. We'll keep you posted!

10 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

I'm cheering for you!

ANJ said...

you're doing great. can't wait for that good news!!!

Anne Marie said...

I can't believe it! What an amazing job you're doing! It must be so great to have so much help. Those babies are going to come out and do awesome.

The Giles said...

I'm glad that you've been able to keep the babies inside this long. Any day I'm sure. Exciting.

What a great mother-in-law! I agree with you that mothering is a life long endeavor - as 2 weeks ago I watched my own mother clean up the house of her Father after his passing. This is 2 years after a monthly trip of flying out to take care of him.

Kara said...

Liz-Good luck. I am so glad that you have been able to hold off labor. Also, what a wonderful lady. Teresa is always so helpful. She came a couple weeks before I was married and helped out so much with never complaining and so willing to do whatever. I am sure it is so nice having her there!!

Whitney said...

Way to hang in there Liz. I think you are right in saying that the grass is greener on the other side. You are trying to keep those babies in you and all I want is to get the one I have out! I was 39 weeks yesterday so I am pretty sure we will have these little ones really close. Good luck!

April said...

Amazing that you are almost 36 weeks. Really, considering everything you have been through. I am so happy you have about made it to your goal and that is giving your babies the best chance to be healthy.
Thanks to everyone who is helping you along. I know both Ralph and Teresa have helped along with your neighbor and your friends in the ward. I am so glad you have people looking out for you. Not to mention your crazy husband who has been able to do more than the human man. You are about there Liz, hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're still hanging in there. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and thinking about jogging around the block several times a day so that I can at least start some labor! So nice that you have help. My mom comes on Friday and I'm glad that she's willing and able. Keep up the good work. I hope I go first! ;)

Katie and Eric said...

Way to go Liz!!! Hang in there! Love you lots.:)

Michael Smith said...

Liz--I am so proud of you!!! How is the Bell's Paulsy coming?? I hope we have a chance to see you this fall-we might come out to BYU for recruiting with Michael's company! You are amazing! Keep growing boys!

love you.
Jen Smith