Friday, September 14, 2007

Announcing the two newest Christensens!!!

Yesterday afternoon turned out to be very eventful for our little family. At 2:59 pm, we welcomed Tanner Ralph Christensen to our family, followed by Reid John Christensen at 3:12 pm.! To our amazement, and to the amazement of all of the nurses, the two newest Christensens came in both weighing 5 lbs. 13 ounces and both measuring 18 3/4 inches--the exact same! We are thrilled to have two healthy babies, but it didn't come without a little bit of adventure. To make a long story short, Elizabeth was incredible yesterday! As Tanner and Reid were both head down, the original plan was to deliver both vaginally. Our plans quickly changed! Elizabeth ended up delivering Tanner vaginally only to find that Reid had taken advantage of his newly found space in the womb and had flipped. After a concerted effort by the doctors and nurses to get Reid to turn again, it was determined that an emergency C-section would be necessary to deliver Reid. Everybody went into action very quickly and chaos ensued. Elizabeth was quickly put under with general anesthesia b/c she had not had an epidural and Dad was whisked away with Tanner to the nursery hoping that all would be well. All did turn out to be well and we now have two adorable little boys to join their adorable (and hilarious) big brother along with mom and dad in this little, but growing, family. We feel so blessed! Above are Reid (left) and Tanner (right) still in the nursery shortly after delivery getting aquainted on the outside.
Big brother Andrew was fascinated with his two little brothers.
Our little family!
Tanner (left) and Reid (right). Adorable. I dare anybody to disagree!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute babies. Congratulation! Hope you're feeling well, Liz.

--Eric

Catie said...

We are so happy for you all. Congratulations. All our love.

wildthayn said...

They ARE adorable!! Thanks so much for posting these. What cute babies!!!!! Congratulations!! You look like such a happy family!

Jamie said...

We are so happy for you! Your little guys are so cute (all three of them). We love you and pray for a smooth recovery for you Elizabeth. Love, The Flaigs

Kara said...

YEAHHHHHH!!!! I am so happy for your family and that you have 2 new healthy babies. I hope everything went well, considering the C-section. Liz you are one tough women. I hope you have a nice recovery. Good luck with the new adjustment of 2 newborns. I will be praying for you and Mike. I am just sooo happy for you and was shocked to see the announcement. I had in my head that it would be a week or two. CONGRATS!!!!

Camie said...

Tanner and Reid are adorable! We have been waiting for pictures--thanks for uploading them. I can imagine there will be some really adorable pictures coming of your 3 boys! Congratulations to everyone!

Mandy said...

Hip hip hooray! Hoping for a speedy recovery after such a speedy birth! Good work Liz - Reid and Tanner and big brother Andrew are adorable. Lots of love!

Anne Marie said...

Congratulations!!! What beautiful boys! I love their names. Hope your recovery goes smoothly, Liz. Sounds like a rough delivery. You are a great-looking family. It is so funny that both your babies weighed 5' 13". That was the birthweight of both our boys too. What are the odds? Best of luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! They are seriously too cute!!!

Amy Christine said...

Congratulations!!! Those little guys are absolutely precious! Liz, you are an amazing lady - natural childbirth AND a c-section all in one day! What a trooper!

Katie and Eric said...

Hooray!!! We are so excited that Reid and Tanner are here and doing so well. I love the pictures. Andrew is going to be a great big brother. Liz, we are thinking and praying for you. You are amazing. We love you!!!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Mike--you are right, can't argue that Tanner and Reid are cute babies! I am so glad that they are healthy and doing well. Sorry that Liz had to have a c-section....that is sort of a scary thing when it is an emergency c-section. I am glad mom will be there to help and then, her mom will be there next. I feel like i would really like to make a trip to come visit you and see these new babies!!! I am glad you got your Reid, Mike!

Alisa said...

YEAH!!! I've been waiting for these!!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Ralph and Teresa said...

I cried like a baby when I got to go in and lay my eyes on these two sweet little boys last night! I felt such gratitude for this sweet little family Mike and Liz now have AND I'll have to admit...I was a bit nostalgic as I remembered my two little boys in the hospital 29 years ago!
Love, Proud Grandma C :)

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

They're wonderful!! And very adorable. Congratulations!

(My mom also says many happy returns!)

Liz said...

yay!! i have been checking every half hour for these babies!!! looks like i went to bed to early last night though! they are adorable little boys even though i think i'm going to have a special connection with reid since he's the second! we gotta stick together:)

Rich and Julie said...

very cool Liz and Mike... They are adorable and if anyone ought to know about twins we is it... Enjoy them while they are little because they get big and loud too fast! All my best, Tio Rambo

Melissa said...

YAY!!! Congrats! We are so thrilled for you! :) I look forward to reading about and seeing pictures of your adventures ahead! Hope your recovery goes well, Liz. Enjoy!
Love,
Missy

Michelle said...

congrats, mike & liz! the babies are beautiful! here's hoping for your speedy recovery, liz!

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! Congratulations. I'm sad that I didn't deliver first, but I'll get over it. Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Congratulations! They are so sweet! I am so happy for you guys. I am glad that they arrived safely, especially with the C-section and chaos that created. Good luck adjusting to having two little newborns around and keep us updated with lots and lots of pictures (of course only when you are recovered and feeling up to it). :)

Rachel Durazzani said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful little boys. What a great little family.

April said...

AMAZING!!! Can anything be sweeter than these pictures? They look so perfect and precious. Congratulations!! Excited for more pictures. Thanks for posting so quickly.
love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Way to go! They are beautiful babies. I'm so glad all is well. Congrats!

ANJ said...

seeing your babies and your boy made me cry. congratulations... what a miracle!

The Giles said...

GREAT NEWS! Congratulations. They are adorable, and I agree with your huge support network above that you are amazing to have done a natural birth and a C-section in one day. Good luck with the recovery - I hope you get some sleep. I'm SO happy for you guys.