We went to the dollar store and they each got to pick out a present for dad. As we shopped the boys were excitedly explaining how each gift they got for dad was perfect. Andrew found this blue plastic goblet with a monkey on it, it was perfect for Mike! As soon as we got home, he wrapped it up in his blanket (wrapping paper didn't make the cut for the summer, nor did I purchase any) and carefully hid it under his bed so dad wouldn't find it. Tanner and Reid also hid their gifts, so when Father's Day finally arrived, I was searching in closets, under beds, and in cupboards for their gifts.

Reid was very excited about the blue plastic shovel he picked out for dad. It was definitely the most coveted gift of them all. Tanner gave him a PEZ dispenser and everyone loved the hat, so we decided Amelia would give him a gift too.
We sat down to dinner and I said we were going to go around the table and each say something we love about our daddy. Andrew's response was, "Dad has to do his spotlight first. He should do a handstand." This is what we do in Family Home Evening, so I guess Andrew wasn't going to say anything nice about dad until he'd seen him perform!
The next night for FHE we went to a park with dad's new shovel and built a sand castle. It had rained most of the day and the sandbox was perfect for such an activity. The boys were in heaven and loved playing in the mud. 


We feel so lucky to have such a great dad. Mike is such a wonderful and incredible father and husband. At the end of this last school year we attended an end of the year party with his classmates, which included a slideshow of the years activities. As I watched and saw all the parties, the Wii tournaments, and all the goofing off that happens outside of the classroom, I realized how much Mike chose to come home to us. He always puts us first. I love the way he loves our family and leads our family. We couldn't ask for more in a daddy!
2 comments:
What a great post in honor of your husband! I love the dollar store idea...sounds perfect. Very cool handstand!
#1 nice handstand mike! i'm impressed! #2 that first picture of andrew giving mike the plastic goblet is perfect! you can tell how EXCITED and PROUD andrew is to give it to him and mike is looking at it like it's the best gift anyone could ever give to him, i love it! #3 we miss you guys!!
Post a Comment