This morning, Andrew had swim lessons and then we swam for a few hours. When we got home, I got everyone into dry clothes (except for Reid, who loves to hang out in his new underwear these days) and served lunch. I finished my food and was anxious to get in the shower. It seems like this always happens, everyone is dry and happy, but mom is soggy and cold. Anyway, the boys were taking their sweet time eating, so I surveyed the table--most food was gone, they were just working on the last few bites. I thought they couldn't do too much damage with what was left. They were being pretty silly, which either means they'll entertain themselves for a while, or the mischief begins. I took the chance and got in the shower.
I took Amelia in a the bathroom with me and put her in a borrowed bouncer. No sooner did I get in the shower than I hear Andrew calling for me. He comes running in the bathroom and tells me that Tanner and Reid had broken my glass! Ugh, broken glass, really?! I jump out and throw a towel around me. Tanner, my ever willing helper and cleaner, is diligently cleaning up the pieces of glass, completely oblivious to the the little cuts all over his hands and the blood dripping onto the table. Reid is sitting in his underwear with peanut butter smeared on his face and Andrew's standing back saying, "guys, you shouldn't do that!" with his authoritative big brother voice. And, there is a two pound bag of carrots spread all over the table and floor.
I get the boys washed off and wrap Tanner's hands in paper towels and put them on the couch with a show. Don't worry, it did not seem like a reward, we had a nice lecture, but I wanted everyone to sit and not move while I cleaned up glass from the table, chairs, and carpet. Meanwhile, Amelia is screaming, she's ready for a nap. I lay her down. I clean up all glass wearing just a towel. I finally get some clothes on, the show is over, I put everyone in their beds. Nap time is truly a blessing for my sanity!
3 comments:
Yikes! What a day. I'm glad you survived.
oh my....what a moment!!!
Oh my goodness! It's hard to believe such little ones can make such big mess in so little time! Mine are the SAME way. I wish I had hidden cameras...
Post a Comment