Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Strawberry Picking

The day after Memorial Day, I threw all responsibilities to the wind and headed out to pick strawberries with my kids. This summer has seemed so relaxed and I've really loved playing with my kids in such a carefree way. Temporary housing has its downs --like cooking for a family of six in a kitchen with random cookware and hauling your garbage halfway across the apartment complex; however, temporary housing also gives me this very easy going kind of attitude. There's nothing I feel like I have to be doing, so we do things like go strawberry picking when I should really be doing laundry!Leaving the laundry was a great choice this day. My boys had a great time looking for the red ripe strawberries. Each was so excited about having their own carton of berries! Reid's carton was half eaten by the time we got home.



Tanner and Reid were dressed and ready to go for the day when they decided to wear Andrew's T-shirts. There are some things I'm just not willing to challenge and clothes fall into that category right now. It's humbling, however, to go in public with these cuties. They are adorable, and have cute clothes, but they're also so very independent and mismatched. I just need to create the stickers I've talked about for years. They'll pretty much be a disclaimer for my sense of style and will say, "I dressed myself today!"

4 comments:

Liz said...

haha! i want those stickers. calvin loves dressing himself but he doesn't always choose the cutest outfits! love it.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

how fun to go berry picking!!! I am anxoius to get into our summer time here....ready for that summer "sort of relaxed" feeling!!! Kayleigh just asked me the other day when we get to go pick blueberries!

Anne Marie said...

yay for going to the temple! We live 10 minutes from ours, and it's been marvelous. I love your boys in their big brother's shirts. We have the same issue here. Connor keeps giving Ian and Chris his shirts when he outgrows them, and those big brother shirts are magical for my little guys. I just don't have the heart to take them away.

April said...

That looks awesome. I love picking berries! I miss your boys! and you too! marcus can't wait to hoover over amelia again. come back soon and don't leave again, ok.