Sunday, June 06, 2010
Summer Fun With Cousins
Matt has been here for a month, but Camie and kids came to join the party for a week and we loved spending time with them! I've always felt that cousin relationships are unique and wonderful. Maybe it's because they're closer than friends, but not as annoying as siblings can sometimes be! Regardless, we had fun with cousins!
This picture is so fun to me because just a few nights before, Mike and Matt took the same positions and played a little ball side by side. True Christensen boys.
Our first day together, Camie and I must have felt like we needed to take advantage of every minute we could! The kids swam for hours on end, we decided to forgo naps, and instead of taking time to make dinner, I picked up a pizza on the way home! How could I possibly be a responsible mother when we only had a week to spend together!
Tanner, Camie, and Reid chillin' in the pool. I should have taken more pool pictures because Reid was crazy! He would walk to the edge of the diving board and with the biggest smile on his face he'd jump right in. Clayton would jump off the hot tub with a twirl into the pool, and Reid would follow. After lunch he didn't realize his tube was off and he jumped right in. Luckily, Camie and I were both watching and she jumped in to get him. Crazy kid!
After a couple of days in the pool we made a trip to the zoo. Dani and her kids joined us as well. We had a great time and I almost didn't know what to do with myself having additional adults to help with my kiddos. Andrew loved being part of Keith's team of four year olds! Keith is a man after my heart keeping all those ducks in a row. His inner Scout Master made this zoo trip delightful!

What's not pictured from our zoo trip is the big spot on my back from a bird pooping on me! Dani was trying to be so nice and said, "You must have leaned up against something...or a bird pooped on you."
We watched Matt and Camie's kids for them while they went to her brother's graduation, then we spent the rest of the day together. It was fun to chat, play a game, make dinner together, and let the kids dip their feet in the pool.

I love this little guy!
Nothing like finding worms together!
Camie and I have a picture just like this from over four years ago. We're sitting side by side with Andrew and Clayton as newborns, each just weeks old. Seeing this picture made me realize how much we've done together over the years. I love this girl! Camie is so incredibly talented, she's an amazing mother, she's got a wonderful ability to build people up, and she is positive and excited about life. I wish we could spend more time together, I think I'd be a better person if we could.
And here's the whole crew! Mike and I just celebrated our nine year anniversary and Matt and Cam will celebrate theirs this week. A lot happens in nine years, like school, first baby, first jobs, no babies, more jobs, new houses, lots of babies, grad school, hard things, fun things, road trips, family reunions, and everything else! We love these guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
looks like lots of fun!
What beautiful pictures of all of you! You are so lucky to have each other. I am really hoping that one day my twins' wives will have such a special friendship.
how fun....i am feeling a little envious!!!
Cousins are always lots of fun. Glad you got to spend time together. Liz, is it possible for you to be a better person? I think you're amazing. I'd be a much better person if I lived near YOU. Loved the last picture of the two families together.
Post a Comment